Saturday, October 29, 2011

Kids or Cookies?

My job has a party coming up on Monday with a competition for costumes and treats so I wanted to make some sugar cookies for the food competition. I ended up taking most of the day today to do that with the kids.

But in taking most of my attention throughout the day, I was diverted from helping out more around the house and as the day drew to a close and I saw how many cookies were yet to be decorated and also saw how close it was to bedtime so I enlisted the kids to help (maybe forced is a better word) and then hurded them off to bed. The cookies were done and the kitchen was cleaned up but I was left with a disappointment because I was focused a bit too much on what I wanted to do and wasn't considering serving those around me. Luckily, I recognized my error in enough time to apologize to the kids before they fell asleep. I went into Em's room where Emily, Ethan and Jace were sleeping and brought them all the last-minute drink of water I denied them minutes earlier and then I went upstairs to Claire and gave her a hug.

No comments:

Post a Comment