Friday, May 20, 2011

Father and Sons Hotel Trip

Much like many of the local LDS church groups in this area, our local Church congregation goes on a Father and Son Campout every year. I remember attending such things with my Dad when I was a boy and young man. I remember going up into the mountains loaded up with doritoes and KFC for an overnight camping experience in our beat up camper. I loved those times. But I remember them being warmer than the ones we have in our current congregation.

For the past several years, we've camped in May when it's been just barely warm enough in the mountains to not have snow on the ground. A few years ago, Ethan and I were miserable there. Since then we've taken this weekend when the rest of the congregation went into the mountains and we went the opposite direction to an overnighter at a hotel. It's not exactly the most social thing to do but we have a good time.

Tonight we drove to Layton where we were able to get a great deal on a hotel stay. The boys and I got dinner, brought it back to the room, called Alicia, Emily and Claire over video phone and then stayed up late watching cartoons. The boys loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment