Friday, February 4, 2011

Leadership at Home

Alicia and I have been talking about our roles as parents and spouses and as we have I've realized that I need to take more of an active leadership role at home.

This was illustrated in a conversation I had with Alicia in which I mentioned that I get too opinionated and demanding sometimes at work and she asked why I'm so different there from here. As I thought about it, I realized that I feel like I'm responsible for something there. Here I don't feel that way as much. It's mostly helping Alicia and trying to build good relationships. I don't participate in much leadership at home and I realize that this is wrong.

Alicia expressed that she feels a big burden on her shoulders in part because I'm not doing more in leadership. So I have some work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment