Monday, February 21, 2011

Last Post in MBA Degree

I've written hundreds of posts like the following through the twelve MBA courses at the University of Phoenix. There were about 10 of these due every week. What follows is my very last post in this degree:

"Class:

"Week six - the final week of this degree - was quite challenging. That test was a monster. I haven't ever been that stressed in test-taking. It made me realize how mushy my brain is. I had a difficult time recalling some of that information (particularly the accounting).

"It's also been nice to put this whole degree to application with this paper. I've been able to carry out this strategic planning on the team that I lead at work and the application of knowledge to real work situations is very enlightening. I've prepared the power point as assigned but in addition to completing the requirement, I'll actually be using it to pitch the strategy to the team.

"On a reflective note, today is my last day in my MBA. I went back to school to expand my knowledge and articulation in business terms. This degree and this school has enabled me to do that and prepared me for the future. I wish I had more time to dig deeper into the concepts but I've got a good collection of knowledge to start off with. The rest will come from ongoing learning, reading, and most importantly - trial and error. So in a sense, I'm not leaving school at all, I'm just getting started in extended laboratories section of my education.

"And the best part about this new phase? No 100 question tests on 2 cumulative years of curriculum. :)

"Gary"

No comments:

Post a Comment