Tuesday, December 14, 2010

LDS Website Recognition Dinner


Elder Andersen visiting our table

In working for the LDS Church I often get to attend meetings and devotionals where the ecclesiastical leaders speak and direct. It's a privilege to do this and tonight I got to share one of these meetings with Alicia. We were invited to an LDS.org recognition dinner where the surprise visiting leader turned out to be Elder Anderson from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. After a nice conversation with a few people at my table, we heard a few remarks from Dave Clare, whom I worked with in ICS when I was in Riverton.

Dave expressed specific appreciation for every contributor at the dinner and when he got to me, he said some very kind things about me being a humble leader who mended strained relationships between ICS and AVD. I have been uncertain about how I positively contributed to LDS.org while in Riverton so it was valuable to me to hear his perspective.

Then Elder Anderson stood and addressed us. He made several points worth noting:

  • In the coming years the voice proclaiming that Jesus is the Christ will become increasingly diminished. We need to be sure that the website communicates this very well.
  • You have to pass through complexity to get to simplicity. 
  • Our work is acceptable to the Lord. This is huge coming from one authorized to speak in the name of the Lord. I couldn't keep my eyes from welling up at this statement. I want very much for my efforts to be acceptable to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment