Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Breakthrough in My Home Ward

I had the privilege of being assigned to teach the first lesson of the month in the men's class of Church. The topic assigned was very applicable to the first day of the new year - "Living the Abundant Life." I was amazed at the quality of the people in this group I was teaching. These are good men who are trying to improve their families and the world around them. As I thought about the lesson and the good experience it was, I realized that in this responsibility of teaching I may have the opportunity to get past some of the odd feeling I have about my home congregation.

I realized that I have the opportunity to get to care about these guys and to better serve them. As this thought planted further, I started making notes about what I heard from them and started to think about them and what they could benefit from hearing in the future. With a surge of feeling, I realized that this kind of personal investment in others is precisely what I need to better serve Christ and them in my home congregation.

No comments:

Post a Comment