Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Lightened Burdens

I'm happy to report that Alicia is doing better in the pregnancy side affects then she was a few weeks ago. She is still quite tired but she today she was able to take care of the kids and the house like usual. She even bragged to me that she got done in one good day what I couldn't do in two weeks of substituting as the boss of the house. Nice. 

As soon as I got home from work, I relieved her of cooking dinner and she went directly to the couch and pretty much stayed there until she went to bed early this evening. She put in a lot of effort today and I am very impressed with her determination and attitude in the face of still not feeling well. I am also impressed with the blessings she is receiving. Several family members and perhaps even local Church people are praying for her and I see evidence of her being able to better handle this challenge and some of the discomfort subsiding.

I told Alicia a few days ago that I believe that someday she'll look at this time and be grateful for things she learned through it. She scoffed at the idea when I shared it but I still believe it's true (Scoff is a light word. I think she had to restrain herself from throwing something at me.).

No comments:

Post a Comment