Friday, November 18, 2011

The Thrill of Christmas Lights and Snow


We heard that a snow storm was coming tonight so I got off work a bit early to go home and put up the lights on the house. I made it just in time too. I worked on it until after dark then we left to go see a play that Ada was in (Thoroughly Modern Millie) and by the time we came back a nice blanket of snow was over the shrubs, trees, lawn and rooftop.

I don't know where this positive association happened with snow and Christmas lights but it's pretty strong. Now that it's okay (mostly) to be excited about Christmas, I'm checking the weather almost every day to see when the next storm will hit (nothing next week by the way). But until then at least I have pictures like these to give me buzzes of happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment