Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Christmas Too Early?

It seems like more people are getting into Christmas up early. I spoke to someone at work who admitted openly that she and her husband put up Christmas decorations on Halloween night. "We're not the only ones!" I thought. My own father thinks it's a sin to put Christmas up before Thanksgiving. Funny thing is, I'll be at his house on Saturday putting up Christmas lights while he's out recovering from his stroke.

I don't get what the big deal is. Are people worried that we're not being grateful by not decorating for Thanksgiving? Are they sick of the same 40 Christmas songs being regurgitated by various artists on the radio? Are they just procrastinating the effort of decorating for Christmas? Do they not like the holiday?

Well whatever. Our house is decorated and I have a Christmas tree in my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment