Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hidden Weight

Over the past three days six people, including my wife have independently asked me with concern if everything is alright. On the first of these inquiries, my unspoken response, "Of course I'm alright." But as good hearted people kept asking, I began to wonder if something were actually wrong. This self-introspection reached a pinnacle tonight as I lay on the living room couch drained of energy after the kids went to bed. Alicia, in a similar feeling of exhaustion (especially because of some more vein work on her leg today), lay on the love seat across the room. I expressed that I didn't know exactly what was wrong but it had something to do with work.

Alicia told me that she can tell from the way that I talk about it that I get excited about this job. But she said that there's this heaviness to my countenance lately. That's how I feel. I love the job but I'm carrying a heavy weight. Ironically, despite it's heaviness, it's not easy for me to identify just what that is.

So, I went to bed tonight with a prayer that God would help me to figure out what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment