Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Week At Home

The kids are off from school all week for spring break so Alicia knew that she wasn't going to have to take daily trips to the charter school they attend to drop off/pick up kids (no bus system for this school). This created a very nice climate for giving full attention to potty training Claire. To add to that, Alicia asked me to take time off from work so I could help with that job. I agreed to and all week so far, I've been home helping out with household chores, taking care of business hour errands like overdue doctor visits, oil changes, and loan refinancing with the bank. All the while, I'm helping to take my 2 year old girl to the bathroom every 30 minutes.

Not exactly what one would expect from a vacation from work but honestly, it's been quite nice. I've had a good deal of reflection time as I've been busying myself with household stuff. I've thought quite a bit about sharing an even load of home and family responsibilities with Alicia and I've also thought about what kind of leader I am at work and where I could improve. So, it's no Disneyland but it's been just as good for the soul . . . well, almost as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment